Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hubby Birthday Redux

It's my hubs' birthday! Happy Birthday Redux, Hubs!

Hehe...I couldn't resist adding "redux" to the title. Which is silly b/c birthdays happen every year so it's "redux-ing" all the time. But seriously, redux is badass and so, I use it frequently and shamelessly.

Anyhoo, here's the card that I made for my hubs. Ok, yes, it's a bit girly and sparkly, but my hubs knows a nice card when he sees it and is therefore appreciative of it. :)

Anyhoo, here's the card:


I used a Stardream Chiara opal notecard and ran PTI's Edger's Dies #1 along the bottom. I cut PTI True Black cardstock, ran it through PTI's Moroccan Motifs impression plate. Then I cut the bottom using the same Edgers Dies to make a pretty coordinating mat. On another piece of opal cardstock, I used PTI's Communique Curves for the sentiment, and some embellishment stamps from PTI's Simply Stationary set. Then I got excessively blingy and lined the top and bottom with strips of Memory Box crystal stickers. I decided not to line the entire top and bottom edges with crystals b/c it seemed out of the ordinary for me not to do it...also seemed a bit more "artistic" to do it the way I did. IDK. Anyhoo, then I finished off the bling explosion with more crystal stickers on the Simply Stationary embellishment stamps. hehe...

Sooo awesome, dude. :)


Card Details
Stamps: PaperTrey Ink Communique Curves & Simply Stationary
Cardstock: Stardream Chiara opal, PTI True Black
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Memory Box crystal stickers, Michael's crystal stickers, PTI Edgers dies #1 & Moroccan Motif impression plate

No comments:

Post a Comment